Skip to content
Unit 5 -Driving in Neighborhoods
Unit Test 5
Select the best answer and check the appropriate box
1) When does a driver have to stop for a school bus?
A. When the bus’ yellow lights are flashing.
B. When the bus is stopped at a stop light.
C. When the red lights are flashing and there is no barrier between his/her vehicle and the bus.
D. Only if his/her vehicle is behind the bus.
2) How might a driver know if he/she is at risk of hitting a pothole?
A. There have been a series of significant storms.
B. There is a standing puddle in the road.
C. All of the vehicles in front of him/her are slowing down.
D. All of the above.
3) According to Maryland law, how far does a driver need to be from a cyclist?
A. At least 3 feet
B. At least 5 feet
C. At least 7 feet
D. At least 10 feet
4) What is the first thing a driver should do after deciding to make a turn?
A. Stop when necessary.
B. Signal at least 100 feet from turn.
C. Slow down.
D. Put away any electronic devices
5) In a school zone, when must a driver stop?
A. Whenever school is in session.
B. Whenever there are students on the sidewalk.
C. Whenever there are school buses on the street.
D. Whenever directed by a signal or crossing guard.
6) When stopping at a stop sign where there is no crosswalk or stop line, a driver should stop his/her vehicle
A. Before the back of the vehicle enters the intersection.
B. Before the front of the vehicle enters the intersection.
C. When the front of the vehicle is even with the stop sign.
D. Before the front of the vehicle is even with the stop sign.
7) When does a driver need to signal in a single lane roundabout?
A. Only when entering.
B. Only when exiting
C. No need to signal intentions.
D. When entering and exiting.
8) What should a driver do when he/she gets to a speed bump?
A. Maintain current speed
D. Reduce speed to suggested limit.
9) When must a vehicle yield to a pedestrian?
A. When a pedestrian is in the crosswalk.
B. When a pedestrian is waiting to cross a street.
C. When a pedestrian is exiting his/her vehicle.
D. All of the above.
10) What makes a left turn across traffic dangerous?
A. A driver may have limited visibility.
B. A driver has many places to check for other road users.
C. If struck, a driver is only protected by the door and possibly an airbag.
D. All of the above
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Go to Top