Skip to content
Unit 4 - Breaking Away From the Curb
Unit Test 4
Directions: Check each box you think is the correct answer. Please note all questions must be answered.
1) S.E.E. stands for
A. Seek Exercise Evaluate.
B. See Everything Exactly
C. Search Evaluate Execute
D. See Exercise Everything
2) The ACC setting on an ignition switch
A. allows a driver to turn on some of a vehicle’s features without turning on the vehicle.
B. can drain a battery quickly
C. is not necessary to turn on hazard flashers.
D. all of the above.
3) A driver should use S.E.E.
A. only when preparing to drive.
B. only backing up.
C. only when turning.
D.consistently when driving.
4) A driver should be seconds from the vehicle in front of him/her.
A. at least 2 seconds.
B. at least 2 car lengths.
C. at least 3 – 4 seconds.
D. 3 – 4 car lengths.
5) In most cases, when starting a vehicle, the gear selector should be in
A. P (Park)
B. N (Neutral)
C. D (Drive)
6) When starting a vehicle, a driver should have
A. one foot on the accelerator and one foot on the brake.
B. one foot on the brake and the other on the “dead pedal.”
C. one foot on the accelerator and parking brake engaged.
D.one foot on the brake and the parking brake engaged.
7) When searching, a driver should look
A. at what is immediately in front of his/her vehicle
B. at what is behind his/her vehicle.
C. at what is 10-15 seconds ahead of his/her vehicle.
D. all of the above.
8) What is the most important and safest thing a driver can do before driving away?
B. check around vehicle
C. Put on safety belt and put away electronics.
D. Make sure gas tank is full
9) Idling gas powered vehicles after starting and before driving away is
A. Recommended to make sure vehicle is ready to drive.
B. Not recommended because it may cause the car to overheat.
C. Recommended because it allows the vehicle to come to operating temperature before driving away.
D. Is illegal in Maryland if the vehicle is unattended and is not necessary.
10) The best way to reverse a vehicle when turning is to
A. Use mirrors and back up cameras (if available) .
B. Turn around once and then use your mirrors.
C. Check all mirrors, complete head checks, and use back up cameras if available.
D. Back up as quickly as possible because it is a risky maneuver
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Go to Top